Top trends reported incude in this latest report include:
- Although portals are still large in online (measured by total time spent online/day), the general shift away from portals to social media and entertainment sites is a major trend.
- Facebook takes the lead on Engagement (no surprise), with 180 million visitors/month. Facebook now accounts for over 12% of the time spent online in the US.
- Smartphone adoption surges past 25 percent penetration in the US. One third of Americans now access mobile browsers and applications.
- In the area of search, 2010 saw the integration of real- time search, improved blended search results and other new search modules, all of which have enriched the search experience.
- Online TV viewing is showing significant growth in 2010. On an average day in December 2010, more than 88 million Americans watched online video, up 32 % from a year earlier.